Y’all…Happiest of Groundhog Day to ya! I can’t even begin to share how much this silly holiday means to me!
First, it’s a day where a groundhog predicts how long winter will last. Second, there’s more than one groundhog prognosticator!
I don’t care what either groundhog prognosticates as long as it means Spring is on its way.
Third, if you haven’t seen the movie Groundhog Day…remedy that situation. Better yet, watch it a couple of times so you fully appreciate this classic movie. Bill Murray…sigh.
But on with the chicken salad recipe!! Y’all I made this crazy good chicken salad last week and it would be perfect to being for a Super Bowl party! Best of all, it’s super easy!
If you need a pep talk about chicken salad, then read my post here because chicken salad is best when it’s eyeballed measured. That’s the joy of chicken salad!
Here’s what I used:
“Super Easy Bowl” Chicken Salad Recipe
- Leftover chicken baked chicken tenders, chopped up (about 6 chicken tenders)
- 3 stalks of celery chopped (eyeball to ratio of chicken)
- A generous dollop of mayonnaise (I use Just Mayo )
- A few shakes of Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce (to taste…a little hot but also sweet!)
- A few shakes of onion powder (no cutting)
- Salt to taste (didn’t even put in pepper…I’m such a rebel)
- A few squirts of lemon juice (no cutting up and squeezing!)
That’s it! Of course, add more of whatever to get the flavors right but it’s so simple and so good! This chicken salad has just enough kick for a Super Bowl party but it won’t scald your mouth! Serve it with triscuits and you’re good to go!!
Do you get silly over Groundhog Day or is it just me? Who are you cheering on to win the Super Bowl or are you just waiting to see Coldplay & Beyonce at the halftime show? Let me know in the comments!