For being the shortest month of the year, I sure did learn a great deal in February!
1. Seattle Seahawks Head Coach Pete Caroll has given me encouragement. After the unanimous uproar over calling that crazy passing play that was intercepted at the goal line instead of a running play and costing the Seahawks a back to back Super Bowl win, Coach Pete Carroll stood firm in his decision. Admitting it was the worst result possible result of calling that play, he took ownership of it, even in the scorching backlash. Seeing how Carroll has dealt with unimaginable scrutiny encourages me that if Carroll can live to coach another day, so can I.
2. If Gathering 2015. I attended the If Gathering through an If: Local venue and it was spiritually transforming. Strong, godly women leading other women to a deeper knowledge of God and a call to action. So many Spirited-filled speakers; but, one speaker and one phrase pierced my heart and life. When Christine Caine uttered “Dismount that dead horse!” I knew God was speaking directly to me.
3. God is with me in the big and little events in my life.
4. After over a foot of snow last week, and plenty of snow still hanging around, our local weather forecasters can correctly predict snow at times!!
6. In search of free wi-fi this week, I discovered that the senior citizen coffee gang hangs out at McDonalds in my town. And, I’m lovin’ it because they are seriously happy and enjoying life in that moment and space!
7. The series finale of Parks and Recreation was supremely perfect. So sad to see it go, but I sure do wish I really could purchase Tom’s best selling book, Failure: An American Success Story, because it literally hits the nail on the head of the current trend that experiencing failure is profitable! Which, it can be, but doesn’t always happen!
8. This Follow Lenten devotional guide is drawing me closer to God through these 40 days.
So many wonderful lessons in February! I’m so looking forward to March with glimpses of Spring and the event of March madness! Go UK Wildcats!!