I’m joining Emily P. Freeman at Chatting at the Sky to share what I learned this March!
1. My life is beautiful and I am blessed, truly blessed! Everyone should be able to make this statement who follows Jesus and yet we forget how beautiful our lives really are in Him. Notice I didn’t say my life is perfect or my life is stress free or my life is easy. But what Jesus has been remedially teaching me over the course of this month is that His burden is easy and His yoke is light. It finally hit me hard that the burden and yoke I’ve been carrying and identifying it as what Jesus wanted me to do never was His ever. I had gotten it confused with what He requires of me and I truly believe many who serve in Jesus’ name are confused as well.
2. Life is shorter than you think. I’m in my mid 40s and many times I feel as I’m hitting my stride. But none of us are guaranteed another day other than this moment, this day. This truth came into sharp focus at a beautiful celebration of life of a young 13 year old girl I attended last week. She truly lived every day of her life to the fullest and loved Jesus and loved others well. She ran her race and what a breathtaking race!
3. Kentucky basketball is the real deal. I readily admit I bleed blue for UK basketball but this year’s team is amazing to watch in action. As UK player Aaron Harrison stated after that Notre Dame game, “We just figure out ways to win.” The team’s mental game is ironclad and a joy to watch! Go Big Blue!!
4. I’m learning calligraphy! And you can too! Click here for Scarlet & Gold’s free calligraphy class they’re offering in April!!
5. David Lee Roth is back with Van Halen and touring this year! What?!!! Sorry folks, but Sammy Hagar could never take David Lee Roth’s rightful place as lead singer of Van Halen and now he’s back! As an 80s teen this injustice has finally been righted and all is now well in the hair banging rock world!!
6. The Church is Everywhere and It’s Not a Building. There are alive churches everywhere and simultaneously the Church is everywhere, every day through her people who show love, kindness, mercy, peace, patience and self-control.
What have you learned this month? Please share in the comments below!