Wow! Although February was short, it packed a powerful punch with loads of snow and bad weather. March is now here and Spring will arrive, whether by ice/snow or warmer rains! So, here’s my list of March goals to keep me moving forward in 2015! (In no particular order)
1. I’m so enjoying reading Julia Child’s Life in France. My goal is to finish reading it in March! by the way, I lurve my nook, first generation and it’s still going strong! Any nook fans out there?
2. Upon completing My Life in France, I can’t wait to start reading Essentialism, by Greg McKeown. I first heard about this book a few months ago via Whitney English recommending the read and since then, I’ve seen it pop up everywhere…blogs, Instagram photos, recommended lists. Let me know if you’ve read it because I would love to discuss it with someone after I finish reading it!
3. With the mounds of snow and inhospitable weather lately, I’ve not been reaching my Fitbit daily goals of 10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs. This March, I’m hitting those goals! I’m often asked about if using a Fitbit is worth it, and I say Yes! First, it shows me how sedentary I can be day to day and second, it motivates me to get my steps in! Who else uses a Fitbit out there? Thoughts?!
4. Sadly, my hot yoga practice suffered last month with weather, etc. My goal this month is to get in 2-3 hot yoga sessions weekly. So far, I’m on track this week, as I already have two under my belt. Besides the health benefits, hot yoga really calms my mind. Has anyone else found that to be true as well?
5. The trifecta of health goals this March is to increase my daily intake of water to a gallon a day. Besides coffee, water is my jam, but it’s super hard to get in 128 ounces every day. Seriously. What prompted the “gallon goal” have been recent articles and my yoga instructor’s amazing weight loss of 40 pounds by drinking a gallon daily. To help me keep track of my water consumption, I use AddWater app. While there a ton of water apps, I like how this one tracks ounces and not just a “glass”.
6. Being March, one of my favorite goals is to cheer on the University of Kentucky Wildcats during March Madness! Traveling in Paris, France during last year’s amazing run did not keep me from cheering them on! #BBN #IbleedBlue
7. Work on my creativity! Years ago I enjoyed drawing, painting, creating. I’m putting it down here to stop pushing my artistic interest to the side because I’ll have to report to y’all at the end of the month, right?
8. Another March goal is to donate blood. Several years ago, I regularly donated blood. But then I moved to a different state, got out of the habit, and honestly forgot about it until Hurricane Katrina hit. I went to my local Red Cross and surprisingly was declined because I had recently traveled to the Guanacaste peninsula in Costa Rica. Several times my travels have kept me from donating, but I kept trying, scheduling another donation appointment once the time period preventing me from donating had expired. And now I’m happy to say, the Red Cross has changed their travel restriction rules (or at least where I’ve travelled) and I’m able to regularly donate again! Donations right now are desperately needed due to the nation’s blizzards wiping out scheduled donations. If you’re able to donate, it’s super easy. Just go to the American Red Cross website to find a local blood drive.
9. I am still journeying through Lent and still loving Naptime Diaries’ Follow Lenten journal.
How is your March shaping up? Do you set monthly goals to keep you on task? What are trying new this month? Please share in the comments to continue the conversation!!